Monday, January 12, 2009

Getting Back in the Swing of Things!

Morning all! It is a BEAUTIFUL (albeit cold!!) day here in Southwestern Louisiana. Today is my first day of work at my new shift, I am going to be working 8-5 Monday through Friday. Friday was a very hard day for me, as a dear coworker and friend was let go from the company. I am hoping we can stay in touch and we can visit when I go to visit family and friends in Slidell.

This weekend was a great one, we got to spend a ton of time with my mom on Sunday, that left the boys thoroughly spoiled and with several new toys. She also brought me 54 eggs! Yep, 54!! She raises chickens on her farm, and those little girls are egg-laying machines! Sunday afternoon we were able to see The Tale of Despereaux, so if any of you want a review, I definitely give it two thumbs up! Very cute movie and age appropriate for little ones. The boys loved it, and Delilah even managed to stay awake throughout most of it and enjoy.

Billy also started back to his old shift, of 4-8 in the morning. He's feeling a bit tired now, but I know once we all adjust, it'll be great to always have the nights and weekends together.

As most of you know, I am a die-hard coupon-er. I set a budget for this month of $350 on groceries and health/beauty items. So far, I've come up to almost $198! Yikes! That $350 also includes any money we spend going out to eat and the like. So, this weekend, with us going to the movies as a family and snacks and treats, it put a big dent in our budget. However, we are blessed to have a good stockpile of foods, so really all we need is our fresh produce and milk (no eggs, though, LOL!) for the rest of the month.

Now a quick update on Miss Delilah Marie Sunshine (and yes, that is her full name, I love it!)... she's 3 months old (as of 1/2/09) and rolled for the first time from belly to back on 1/6/09. She is the biggest sweetheart and such a blessing to our family. Donovan absolutely adores her and I love the way he looks at her with such love in his eyes. I can tell they are going to have a special bond, because whenever she may be fussing and I can't come right away, Donovan goes to talk to her, and she quiets right down. Trenton and her have a great relationship, as well, although Trenton doesn't much care for her crying... he tends to avoid her at that time!

Donovan will be 4 in about three short months. I cannot believe that I have a four year old! It's flown by and I cannot wait to see what the future holds. Donovan is so bright, he loves books, he got his first "video game" (a Leapster 2) from MaMere and PaPa for Christmas. He loves to play that so much, we've had to limit it to 30 minutes a day!

Trenton is 2 1/2 now, and he is our mischevious child! One smile and he will melt your heart. His blond curls don't hurt, either! He is adorable and so sweet and loving. He defintely prefers Daddy over Mommy, but that's ok. Daddy needs his little buddy, and I love seeing their relationship. Daddy can do no wrong in his eyes.

As far as the weight loss goes, I am down 13 lbs since 12/29/08! Go me! I am starting to work out today and am hopeful that the weight will continue to go down so I can be healthy for the boys and have be a cute bridesmaid for Jess's wedding! I don't want to ruin any pictures - LOL!

Well, work is beckoning and I need to fold some laundry as well. Have a blessed day!

No comments: