Friday, January 16, 2009

A Big Weekend

Thank goodness for the weekend ahead of us! The work week has been painfully slow, with sales and calls next to nothing. While it's good to have a slow day here or there, the past few months have been really rough. We don't budget my commission into our take home pay, but it's always nice to have that little extra to pay down our debt. So, I am praying (and I would appreciate your prayers, as well!) that sales calls pick up and I am able to increase our take home pay.

I made a rather large purchase today, too! I have been dreaming about owning an elliptical since I started working out in gyms. I love ellipticals and they are my favorite machines. I found a great deal on a Norditrack elliptical. They paid my shipping, threw in an extended 3-year warranty, and gave me three IFit workout cards with Jillian Michaels (my favorite Biggest Loser trainer!), - AND it was on SALE! Needless to say, I am so *STOKED*! I plan on using this to institute my "Getting Back on Track" challenge. I will work out a minimum of five mornings a week, and get my body back into shape!

Tomorrow, Billy is going to our local plasma donation center. We both figured out that if he donates plasma twice a week and I do it once a week, that will be an extra $360/ month. You can't really beat that! It's a 3 hour set up the first time you go, for the physical, the paperwork, and all the odds and ends. However, each time after that it's about a half an hour to an hour. $30 for an hour is awesome. So, we're planning on doing that to boost our amount of money to pay down our debt.

Well, I have a little angel named Delilah to tend to... it's time for bed. It's so COLD in Louisiana right now... I am not accustomed to anything under 40 degree weather! I'm freezing!

No comments: