Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Weekly Grocery Trip!


This week's sales were actually very decent. We're still growing our stockpile and attempting to be as frugal with our money as possible. We are following Dave Ramsey's plan to get out of debt. Currently, we have our baby emergency fund in place, and are paying down our debt. We have considerable debt leftover from the business we owned back from 2005-2007. We had one customer that didn't pay us a $7000 bill and that just ruined us financially. Anyway, back on topic! My grocery trip! I got everything you see pictured at Kroger's, WalMart, and Target, and spent a total of $12.35!

At Target, I picked up the Kashi TLC cereal bars. They should have been on sale for $2.66/ each, but mine rang up at $3.29 each. I had two $2 coupons found here (thanks, MoneySavingMom!). I did go back in to try to reconcile the difference, but the manager on duty was less than friendly and didn't want to give me back my money. I do plan on calling Target today just to talk to the store manager. I don't like being treated rudely! With my $2 coupons, my total was $2.91.

Next, I went to WalMart (where again I faced an unfriendly cashier when I began using my coupons) and picked up 10 of the BeechNut Toddler's Let's Grow meals, 3 of the Johnson's Buddies Soap, and one of the canned Muir Glen organic tomatoes. I had 10 $1 coupons for the BeechNut from my local newspaper, and I had 3 $1 coupons for the Johnson's Buddies Soap found here (thanks, MoneySavingMom!), and a $1 coupon for the tomatoes found here . My total after coupons was $2.84, for 14 products!

Lastly, I went to Kroger to pick up a few more items. They are having an awesome 10/10 sale this week. Rice A Roni was $1.00 a piece. I had two 0.50 coupons (the link is expired or else I would definitely share!), and my local Kroger's doubles coupons up to 0.50. These two coupons doubled made the Rice A Roni free! Also, the Green Giant boxed veggies are on sale for $1.00 each. I had two coupons for 0.50/1 and 2 coupons for 0.50/2. I also loaded my Kroger's card with coupons from Cellfire and Shortcuts. Shortcuts had two 0.50 coupons available, and Cellfire had one $1.00 coupon available. After my manufacturer coupons doubled, and my Cellfire and Shortcuts coupons were applied, my total out of pocket for the 6 Green Giant boxed veggies was $0! I also purchased 3 Buddies at Kroger, with a $3 Catalina coupon I had received when I purchased 3 Buddies previously at Kroger's. This coupon made the 3 Buddies soaps 0.27 for all three! Next, I purchased two packs of Cottonelle toilet paper. My Kroger's has recently raised the price for the Cottonelle. It used to be 0.99/pack but is now 1.19/pack. I had two 0.50 printable coupons found here and those both doubled to make my out of pocket cost 0.19/4 pack! Next, I purchased 3 boxes of Hamburger Helper (definitely not the healthiest option, but great for those nights I'm in a pinch for time!). The Hamburger Helper is also on sale this week for $1.00/box. I had a coupon for 0.80/3. I also had two coupons from Shortcuts for 0.75/3. All three of these coupons applied to my total and made my out of pocket cost about 0.23 a box! Lastly, we were out of ketchup and mustard. Kroger had the Hunt's ketchup on closeout for $1.43, which was less than Heinz at WalMart. So, I picked up two and also grabbed a small bottle of mustard for 0.69. My total spent at Kroger was $6.60!

No comments: